Time is money. And this couldn’t be more true in today’s fast-paced business world. In order to stay competitive, organizations need to be able to handle their projects efficiently and effectively. This is where project management software comes in. But with so many project management tools available, each promising to be the best, choosing the right one for your team can be overwhelming.
That’s why we’ve put together this article on the best project management software. If you’re a newcomer in project management or an experienced manager at a large corporation, this article will provide you with valuable insig^hts into the 11 best project management tools available, each with its own unique strengths and features.
List of best project management tools
From task tracking to team collaboration, these tools have it all. They’ll help you stay on top of your deadlines, streamline your workflows, and keep your team organized, productive, and successful. So buckle up and get ready to take your project management skills to the next level.
Nifty is the award-winning all-in-one project management and collaboration hub that makes managing and scaling your work easy and effective. Feature-rich with all of the tools required for effective project management, Nifty’s unrivaled ease of use makes it an exceptional solution for teams of all types and sizes.
Project phases or Sprints are managed as Milestones within Project Roadmaps and are updated in realtime as Tasks tied to them are completed. Nifty’s Overview provides a cross-workspace birds-eye view of all Roadmaps for executive level reporting. Meanwhile, collaboration thrives with Project Discussion, Direct Messages, integrated Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. You can even choose from an array of video calling apps to enable one-tap video calls within the Workspace.
- Roadmap Milestones automate progress reporting upon Task completion
- Overview, Workloads, and All Tasks provide workspace-wide timeline and Task reporting
- Built-in Chat on project and interpersonal levels enables vibrant communication
- Integrations (Google, Zoom, Github and more) and custom embeds connects Nifty with the rest of your tech stack
- Automations, templates, saved Views, and Favorites make Nifty customizable and actionable
Hive is a leading project management tool that helps thousands of teams – including digital marketers – work faster in today’s hybrid work environment. Hive brings all of your workplace tools to one single dashboard, so you can manage projects, chat with coworkers, send emails, and even start Zoom calls without ever leaving the window. Hive is more than just your classic project management software – it’s the future of work productivity.
Hive is the first and only democratic project management platform. Via the Hive Forum, customers have access to a public roadmap and can submit and vote on the features they’d like to see in Hive. It’s a tool built by users, for users. Use Hive online in a web browser, via desktop apps for Mac and Windows, or on iOS and Android mobile apps.
- 6 Flexible project view, including Gantt, Kanban, Calendar & Table views
- Proofing and approvals
- Native chat application for private and group messaging
- Collaborative note-taking application
- Time-tracking, timesheets, and resourcing
MeisterTask is an intuitive Kanban tool from Germany that allows teams to manage projects together, regardless of location. Meister’s great focus on data security is just one of the reasons why countless companies rely on this task management solution. Employees quickly find their way around the tool, even without intensive training, and can easily adapt the flexible Kanban boards to their specific needs. Practical automations, visual timelines and detailed reports make the tool the ideal solution for all types of agile projects.
- Task automations used to automate repetitive actions in the workflow
- Agenda feature for managing tasks across multiple projects
- Gant Chart/Timeline View
- Integrations with Slack, Google Calendar, Zendesk and many other.
If you’re a freelancer or a small business owner who’s looking for the right tools to manage your independent business, Indy is the place for you. Its tool suite has been designed from the ground up to make it simple to run your business, from first contact with a new lead to getting paid, and everything in between.
You can create proposals, contracts, forms, and invoices, manage projects with to-do lists and kanban boards, track time automatically, store files, and create custom workflows that save you hours of work each week.
Indy is one of the few project management software to have a robust free plan. With the Free plan, you’ll get unlimited access to all the core tools. Indy Pro saves you even more time each week by automating your daily tasks.
- Templates for proposals, contracts, and forms
- Automated workflows
- Kanban boards
- Billing & invoicing
- Automatic time tracking
SpiraTeam is a complete agile software development management system that manages your project’s requirements, releases, iterations, tasks and bugs/issues. Designed specifically to support agile methodologies such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), DSDM and Agile Unified Process (AUP) it allows teams to manage all their information in one environment.
SpiraTeam allows teams to collaborate in real-time, share information, track progress, and monitor project performance through customizable dashboards and reports. It is suitable for both small and large teams, and can be hosted on-premise or in the cloud. SpiraTeam contains summary-level information for all types of artifact (requirements, test cases, incidents, etc.) that you can use to drill-down into the appropriate section of the application.
- Flexible project management
- Automated testing
- Customizable reports and workflows
- Source Code Management
- Personalized ALM dashboards
TimeCamp is a complete time tracking software that suits both freelance professionals’ and companies’ needs. It streamlines daily time management processes – it organizes time entries into a detailed project tree structure and allows tracking time even for the lowest subtask in a project hierarchy. TimeCamp is available for multiple platforms and devices – all the apps and integrations synchronize perfectly to ensure you the highest data accuracy level.
Besides, the tool offers an invoicing feature, so you can bill your clients based on the time recorded for a specific project or task. Larger teams will definitely benefit from an attendance module and features related to it, like timesheet approvals or a time clock kiosk for clocking in and out.
- Automatic time tracking for web (daily/weekly/calendar timesheet views), desktop, mobile, iWatch, and as a browser plugin
- Budgeting with flexible billing rates
- Robust reporting (custom reports available)
- Attendance tracker free with timesheet approvals
- Time clock kiosk
ProofHub is one of the best all-in-one project management and team collaboration tools, that offers you complete control over your projects. It is a feature-rich tool that helps you keep everything organized and ensure everyone is on the same page.
You can easily create a task and assign it to multiple team members using a quick add button. You can stay on top of your project management by viewing and tracking all the tasks at a centralized place in different views including Kanban, Table, Calendar, and Gantt.
Along with time tracking and reporting, this tool gives you complete control over project management and helps you deliver projects on time.
- Smart task management with multiple assignees, recurring tasks
- Customized workflows and custom roles and permissions
- Online proofing to review and edit creative assets
- Time tracking and project reporting
- Integration with Slack, Google Drive, Freshbooks, and other tech stacks
Nuclino is a modern, lightweight, and user-friendly Kanban tool. It stands out among other solutions due to the way it seamlessly combines Kanban-style project management with long-form content collaboration. Each card on your Nuclino board is a separate document where you can add notes, create to-do lists, embed files, and collaborate with your team in real time.
While Nuclino can be used exclusively as Kanban software, it can do much more. Nuclino takes inspiration from the concept of a collective brain and can serve as a unified workspace where your team can bring all your knowledge, docs, and projects together in one place. Whether you need to create a company wiki, track tasks, onboard new employees, manage your product roadmap, or share documents, Nuclino has you covered. It eliminates the need for multiple tools and allows you to collaborate in a more streamlined way, without the chaos of files and folders, context switching, or silos.
- Flexible data visualization options, including the board, list, table, and graph views
- Custom fields for tracking assignees, due dates, tags, and more
- Real-time collaboration
- Auto-save of changes with version history
- Integrations with 50+ apps, including Slack, Google Drive, and Figma
Workast is a project management app that helps teams track daily work, manage projects, monitor to-do lists, and get more work done. It allows users to organize, prioritize, and manage their work more efficiently in one place.
Workast integrates with Slack and Webex to streamline workflows and increase productivity so that all team members know exactly what needs to be done. Workast is the best project management app for a small team
- Create your custom fields to fit your workflow.
- Connect your work calendar to Workast and see all your tasks in your calendar with our 2-way sync.
- Create customized reports
- Use forms to ask questions, conduct surveys and collect data easily
- Create tasks through email, track time spent on a task or share documents through Google Drive with Workast’s extensions.
Chisel is a powerful product management software designed to help product teams streamline their workflows and collaborate effectively. It is a cloud-based solution that provides a suite of tools to manage every aspect of the product development process, from ideation to launch and beyond.
- Flexible product roadmap tool
- Great backlog management tool
- Collaboration tools such as comments and notifications
- Robust analytics and reporting tools
Final thoughts on project management tools
Yes, as you can see, there is an array of tools, and indeed choosing the best one can be a real headache. All of them seem to be flawless. But if you’re seeking a simple and highly convenient solution, consider exploring Bordio. With its project management feature, Bordio simplifies your work routine and helps you stay on track with your projects. Its notification system and workload monitoring feature ensure you never miss a deadline again. Start using Bordio for free today and manage your projects efficiently and effectively!